about TASTE EXPLOSION

A young woman's attempt to broaden her gastronomical horizons both in the kitchen and out in the real world, with some musings about life, fashion, and art for kicks.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Spain and 2010


This past weekend my boyfriend and I tried three new recipes from my newly purchased Spanish cooking book. As a new year's resolution for 2010, I'm venturing into the kind of unknown (well, unknown for me) world of Spanish cooking. I'm not very familiar with techniques, tastes, and flavors of food hailing from Spain, but I can attribute some knowledge to being Filipino, because Spain did have a hold on the Philippines for some time and have influenced the cuisine. And if there's anything I know about food, it's Filipino food. So I do have some exposure to the types of foods from good ol' Spain.

I have gobs of pictures and recipes to post, but will do that later this week. I just wanted to make an introductory post and christen my new blog and start my journey into the blog world. Wish me luck! Enjoy my thoughts and explorations of food.


My ultimate goal: making paella.

Eat, eat, and EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment